Evening all! Hope everyone is doing well!
Thought I would go ahead and attempt a shutter card! It turned out pretty well for my first try, I am so proud! I figured I'd give you all step by step instructions for this card since it is a little complicated, but once you get it down its very easy.
1) Cut a 12" x 12" piece of cardstock down to 5.5" x 12" and this is what becomes your card base.
2) Once you have your card base, then you need to score it at 2", 4", 8" & 10".
3) Now go back to your cutter and line your card up (horizontally) to 1.5", then cut from the 2" score line to the 10" score line. Repeat on opposite side.
4) Fold your card and take the middle score lines and fold them in the opposite direction.
5) Time to get our layers cut! See picture below for 1st layer(s) dimensions and just click on it to make the image larger.
6) Here's the 2nd layer(s) dimensions
7) Now assemble the layers together and add stamps, ribbon, embellishments or anything else of your choice!
8) You should have a finished card after that!
Here's how mine came out!
Card Size - 5 1/2" x 12"
Layers (See above directions for all sizes)
Teal and Brown Cardstock - DCWV
Pink and Off Yellow Cardstock - Heidi Grace
Punch - Stampin Up!
Sentiment Stamps - Inkadinkado
Paisley Stamp - Stampabilities
Small Decorative Stamp - Pink by Design Handmade by You Set
Ink - Stampin Up! Early Espresso
Ribbon - Michael's
ATG gun & Pop Dots