Friday, February 25, 2011

The wait is over!

Good morning crafters!

TGIF! Right? The project that I've been working on is being given to my friend Kirstin tonight as her "moving" gift. She is leaving me and moving to Dallas but I guess that just calls for more road trips! So last weekend when we had our girls weekend we stopped at Bucee's and saw these really cute frames and Kirstin took a pic and showed it to me and said "I'm not paying $50 dollars for this, can you make this?" and I course said "YES!" I really had no idea what I was about to get myself into, but I think it turned out pretty darn CUTE! Not bad for my first run!

Well, I won't keep ya'll waiting any longer! Here it is and how I made it!

Step One - Gathered what I needed and set it out!
 






Step Two - Using brown paint, I painted the entire frame with just one coat! For the cross I bought them pre-cut at Michaels and put three of them together. Then also had a stamp that looked like iron work and just stamped it onto the cross with the brown paint and for the edges I just using some more brown paint all the way around!












Step Three - Adhered all the pretty stones with a hot glue gun and it worked well for me! Now it is finished! Isn't it so pretty?









































Step Four - Wrapped it up of course! You don't want to spoil the surprise!












Have a FABULOUS FRIDAY all! 

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I have seen these types of frames before, and you did a great job recreating it! =-) I am sure your friend Kirstin will love it.

    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!
    I'm sure your friend will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing frame!! It's incredible to see the difference in the before/after shots. You've done SUCH a wonderful job and I'm sure Kirstin will treasure it!

    ReplyDelete